[NFB-of-Delaware] Reminder — Upcoming Events

artcohen2telephone at verizon.net artcohen2telephone at verizon.net
Mon Jul 15 21:37:23 UTC 2024

Milkman29 at verizon.net <mailto:Milkman29 at verizon.net>

From: NFB-of-Delaware <nfb-of-delaware-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of SYLVIA REID via NFB-of-Delaware
Sent: Saturday, July 13, 2024 2:22 PM
To: nfb-of-delaware at nfbnet.org
Cc: SYLVIA REID <shevra at verizon.net>
Subject: [NFB-of-Delaware] Reminder — Upcoming Events

Hello everyone,

Hope this finds you beating the heat.  This Monday, 7-15 at 6:00 is our National Convention sharing on Zoom.  If you weren’t there, please come hear from in-person and virtual attendees about all they learned.  If you were there, virtually or in person, please come share your experiences.

Sat. 6-20 is the deadline for submissions for our State Convention theme.  The winner will receive one free registration and 1 free banquet ticket so please send your stunning submissions by phone or email to me, Sylvia Reid, shevra at verizon.net <mailto:shevra at verizon.net>  302-743-8811.

Our next affiliate meeting will be held Monday, 7-22 at 6:00 PM with minutes read at 5:30 by our own Mailaika Colson.  Exciting state Convention news is in the works.

On Thu. 8-01 at 8:00 PM the Presidential Release will be broadcast on a National Zoom link I will send you when it comes to me.  Date: 8-01 time 8:00 PM.

Other events for blind Delawareans:

On Thu. 7-25 at 7:00 BARD is hosting a summer reading event with author Angeline Boulley who wrote Firekeeper’s Daughter and Warrior Girl on Earth, both available on BARD.  If you want to sign up, I’ll be forwarding the link in a few minutes.  I’m reading Firekeeper’s Daughter and loving it.

On Sat. 7-29 at 10:00 AM the American Counsel (Delaware Counsel of the Blind and Visually Impaired: DCBVI) is having their monthly meeting by conference call: 267-807-9611 code 152409.

On Sat. 8-03 is the DLAS DJ party and luncheon.  Price for the luncheon has not yet been determined.

Below is our Zoom link.

Stay cool,

Sylvia .

Join Zoom Meeting

 <https://zoom.us/j/5108560205?pwd=MXFNdW5MQ2wzYmdSTHZEUWlMc3hWdz09> https://zoom.us/j/5108560205?pwd=MXFNdW5MQ2wzYmdSTHZEUWlMc3hWdz09

Meeting ID: 510 856 0205

Passcode: 11192020

One tap mobile

+13017158592,,5108560205# US (Washington DC)

Dial by your location

        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)

Meeting ID: 510 856 0205

Sent from my iPhone