[NFB-of-Delaware] NFB DE October Book Talk Notice - Oct 21 2024 at 6 pm

cmkries at comcast.net cmkries at comcast.net
Thu Oct 17 16:34:37 UTC 2024

Hello NFB DE members and friends,

I hope this email finds you well.  So much is happening during the month of
October!  We have fundraisers, White Cane Awareness Day, Blind Equality
Achievement Month, and our State Convention to name a few things.  WE also
have a Book Talk scheduled for Monday, October 21st at 6 pm via Zoom.  The
book is entitled The Return by Nicholas Sparks, and our facilitator will be
Catrina Gosine.  If you have not already started the book, it is an easy
read. so do it!  Also, reading the book is not required, but great
conversation is, so join us.  Information for this month's book, the Zoom
link, and our books for the year can be found below.  I hope to talk with
you in the Zoom room.

Sincerely. Carol King-Ries

Live the life you want with love, hope, and determination!

October 21, 2024 at 6 pm via Zoom

Facilitator:  Catrina Gosine

Title:  The Return

Author:  Nicholas Sparks

Book Number:  DB100846

Zoom link:

Join Zoom Meeting

 <https://zoom.us/j/5108560205?pwd=MXFNdW5MQ2wzYmdSTHZEUWlMc3hWdz09>
https://zoom.us/j/5108560205?pwd=MXFNdW5MQ2wzYmdSTHZEUWlMc3hWdz09

Meeting ID: 510 856 0205

Passcode: 11192020

One tap mobile

+13017158592,,5108560205# US (Washington DC)

+13092053325,,5108560205# US

NFB of Delaware

Book Talk 2024

Due to its great success in 2023, we are once again having the Book Talk
format of the facilitator selecting the book and leading our monthly
discussion.  Happy reading!

January 22, 2024 at 6 pm via Zoom

Facilitator:  Jim Steel

Title:  Guiding Emily:  A tale of love, loss, and courage

Author:  Barbara Hinske

Book number:  DB109068

February 19, 2024 at 6 pm via Zoom

Facilitator:  Verita Turner

Title:  The Looking Glass

Author:  Richard Paul Evans

Book number:  DB49474

March 18, 2024 at 6 pm via Zoom

Facilitator:  Shannon Britt

Title:  The Tour

Author:  Jean Grainger

Book number:  DB104271

April 15, 2024 at 6 pm via Zoom

Facilitator:  Marsha Blalock

Title:  A Sister's Secret

Author:  Wanda E. Brunstetter

Book number:  DB65578

May 20, 2024 at 6 pm via Zoom

Facilitator:  Wayne Marsh

Title: Horses never lie about love: the heartwarming story of a remarkable
horse who changed the world around her

Author: Jana Harris

Book number:  DBC 00550

June 17, 2024 at 6 pm via Zoom

Facilitator:  Sylvia Reid

Title:  The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek

               Author:  Kim Michele Richardson

Book number: DB95243

July       Book Talk Summer Break

August 19, 2024 at 6 pm via Zoom

Facilitator:  Jenny Blinsmon

Title:  Chasing Fire

Author:  Nora Roberts

Book number:  DB73207

September 16, 2024 at 6 pm via Zoom

Facilitator:  Art Cohen

Title:  A Call To Conscience: The Landmark Speeches of Dr. Martin Luther
King, Jr.

Author:  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Book number:  DB62330

Author:  Nicholas Sparks

Book Number:  DB100846

November 18, 2024 at 6 pm via Zoom

Facilitator:  Khalil Abdul-Majid

Title: Democracy In Chains: the deep history of the radical right's stealth
plan for America

Author:  Nancy Maclean

Book number:  DB 88384