[NFB-of-Delaware] Sensitivity trainingRe: This week’s Committee Meetings: two tonight

SYLVIA REID shevra at verizon.net
Mon Sep 9 15:04:03 UTC 2024

Hello everyone,

I accidentally put the Zoom link before the last meeting: 5-12 5:00 PM Fundraising Committee.  As for sensitivity training, I mentioned at a recent affiliate meeting that a blind woman had been mistreated by a tax processor at H&R Block in Smyrna.  Sanho Steele-Lauchart, an NFB lawyer, suggested to her and to me that the best way to deal with this situation is to offer sensitivity training to the place of business where the incident occurred.  The manager of H&R Block, Smyrna, Mr. Joseph Cresta, would very much like us to hold a workshop  At his place of business in late October or early December.  I have contacted a seasoned sensitivity trainer, Suzanne Erb, who is willing to offer a 1-hour train-the-trainer Zoom session for all interested members.  Once we have this training, we will be able to act more quickly and confidently in all future incidents of this kind.  Ms. Erb gave an advocacy workshop at one of our Zoom conventions; she charges a small fee for this training that includes handouts to distribute to those businesses we  visit. All interested, please attend this short  meeting where we will discuss details.
Sent from my iPhone