[Nfb-or] Portland students gathering

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 06:54:42 UTC 2009

Hey everybody,

It's awfully short notice, but a few blind students from the Portland
area are going to get together over a rather late lunch this Friday,
March 6th, to talk about the issues affecting blind students here in
Oregon, and what we can do about those issues.  No speeches or
anything, just interested people getting to know each other,
discussing the problems, and trying to see what we can come up with
together for solutions.

We'll begin to gather about 2:30 at Paccini's in downtown Portland.
It's located on the Portland State University campus.  The building
is X-shaped and very tall, and bounded by Montgomery, Park, Mill, and
10th (all SW, of course).  It's also got a Subway and a Starbucks
accessible from the SW Montgomery side.  The address is 1717 SW Park.

So if you're a blind student, blind, a student, or you just like good
pasta, we hope to see you there!  If you'd like to be there and don't
really know your way around the Portland State campus, send me an
email and I'll give you my mobile number.  I will be arriving a
little early.

Joseph