[Nfb-or] Student Meeting

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 22:37:31 UTC 2009

Mike,

Corvallis is perhaps a little more difficult, unless you've got a way
to get to Albany.  From Albany, you can make it a day trip for little
more than the cost of cab fare across town via Amtrak.  I used to do
it from Eugene--though when I did it was a particularly long day with
a very early start and a fairly long walk to the train station before
the bus system started running.

Our board meetings are likely to always be held either via telephone
conference or at either our state convention or members' seminar.

I recently went up to Portland since I knew there were several
interested students in the area and from Monmouth I can make the trip
using only city buses (though it's quite an amazing trek!)  It was a
lot of fun, so I hope to be able to do it again.

I'm not sure how to get to Corvallis either, but I know how to get to
Albany.  If you know how to make the connection work, and especially
if you know of other blind students in the area, we might want to
organize a gathering in your area as well!  There's also Jimmy down
in Eugene.

Probably it won't be practical for all of us to attend any given
gathering in a particular area.  For half the week, I cannot make the
trip even to Portland, and it's easily done for me.  If we get enough
students interested, that won't be a problem at all.

Joseph