[Nfb-or] Minutes from Student Meeting

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Sat May 2 20:32:08 UTC 2009

Haben,

Thanks for writing up so quickly what happened at this meeting.  I
think there's no requirement that we do so for other than the board
meeting, but it's good for people who could not attend to know what
we talked about.

A lot of the time was spent on introductions--what people are doing,
where they are in school, and how they got involved with the NFB.
It's probably important to point that out since, at this point, we're
still getting to know one another.

We should also note who was in attendance.  That's required for a
board meeting, given their status as legal documents.  In attendance
were: Joseph Carter, Bill Casson, Haben Girma, Kyle Pleasant, Kelsey
Sparks, and Renee Squier.  Art Stevenson was also present via
speakerphone for the board meeting, but that didn't work as well as
we'd hoped.

Regarding the board meeting itself, a minor correction: Based on Art
Stevenson's advice as to how to do it "properly", I appointed Haben
to the position of secretary to fill out the remainder of the term,
since this was not our general meeting.

Did I miss anything?

Joseph

--