[Nfb-or] introducing myself

alena roberts alena.roberts2282 at gmail.com
Tue May 19 19:24:20 UTC 2009

Hey all,

I am new to this list so I wanted to introduce myself. My name is
Alena and I live in Corvallis with my husband and gide dog Midge. I am
trying to get more involved in the blind community and hope that I can
meet some blind oregonians through this list.

Here is some info about me. I am a graduate of the U of O. I got my
bachelors in psychology in 2004. I am hoping to one day get my masters
degree and work in the social services. I am currently unemployed and
so have quite a bit of time on my hands. With that time I have started
a blog that talks about my experiences as a 20 something blind woman
and other topics that I think are important to the blind community. If
you are interested you should check out my blog and let me know what
you think. Please visit

http://www.blindgal.com

I am also a knitter and I just finished teaching my first beginer
knitting class through my city's parks and rec department. It was
really fun.

Please feel free to ask me any questions, and I look forward to being
a part of this list.

--
Alena Roberts
Blog: http://www.blindgal.com/