[Nfb-or] Oregon must reopen the School For The Blind

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Tue Sep 8 21:36:16 UTC 2009

Someone on Blindtlk asked what one can do on the reopening of the Oregon
School for the Blind.  Might I suggest drafting resolution(s) opposing the
School's closure, litigation, and litigate, yourself.  OSB must be able to
keep its enrollment, but advertising is the key.  If anyone in "the other
organization" has a Convention, put this resution(s) on the table.  There
must be panel discussions and meaningful dialogue.  Put petitions out, and
mail it, or drop it off, to the Capitol.  Remember, there is strength in
numbers.  Bills must be repealed; litigation must be used at once, and
blind people must come forward.  Draft PSA's and write Letters To The
Editor.  Believe me: When the legislators see all this backlash, they may
be forced to act.

If you are a parent of a child who went to OSB, or, you are an alumnus,
show your outrage, too.  The blind of Oregon are counting on you.

If there is room, Art, put on the agenda a panel discussion about OSB,
please  Blind people have options!  Let's use them!

Eric

Take a stand!  Be a winner!  Be a team player!

Because: Friends don't let friends be sore losers!

Eric from Los Angeles!