[Nfb-or] Imagination Fund Ideas

Tina Hansen th404 at comcast.net
Sat Aug 7 04:34:26 UTC 2010

Before National Convention, I was asked to take up the post of Imagination Fund Coordinator for Oregon. I have a couple of ideas for projects that we could do with Imagination Fund Money.

1. A camping and nature trip with parents of blind children, and the children themselves. We can show blind children that nature is a multi-sensory experience, and that they can still enjoy it. I know that last weekend, I was on the Oregon Coast with a friend, and I was able to appreciate the feel of sand on the beach, as well as the sound of the ocean. Plus, if kids could experience nature hands-on, it would show them how they could take science courses in school.

2. A retreat for seniors in our state who are going blind. We could use Oral Hull Park for this, and we could show them how to live as a blind person.

In essence, these are the ideas I've been thinking of. If anyone wishes to offer new ideas or help me refine these, please post them to the list. Thanks.