[Nfb-or] A nasty virus alert!

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Fri May 7 02:32:07 UTC 2010

Kendra:

Although plenty of viruses are distributed via electronic greeting card
emails, the particular message you forwarded (shown below) is a hoax or at
least an exaggeration. Snopes says:

Although the Postcard virus is real, it isn't a "BIG VIRUS COMING" (it's
already been around in multiple forms for a long time now), it will not
"burn the whole hard disc" of your computer, CNN didn't classify it as the
"worst virus" ever, and it doesn't arrive in messages bearing a subject line
of 'Invitation.'

The Snopes URL giving the real story is:

http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/postcard.asp

Mike Freeman