[Nfb-or] come see my play

jacks@pdx.edu jjacks at pdx.edu
Thu May 27 06:59:07 UTC 2010

Hello all. I would like to invite you to a play I am in.  the Theatre is a
union theatre and the people tell me they have never had a blind actor work
there before. Sometimes they are a little hard pressed to treat me like
everyone else but it is better every dayWe are making a documentary about me
being a blind actor playing a sighted person and not letting the audience
know. . The press release follows and the auddio described performance is on
the first, (tuesday)
 Enjoy!

Crimes of the Heart

By Beth Henley

***

Winningstad Theatre, PCPA

1111 SW Broadway (at Main Street)
Portland, OR 97205

Performances Friday, May 28 - Saturday, June 5, 2010
at 7:30 p.m. on Tues. through Sat. performances  and 2:00 p.m. on Sunday,
May 30

General admission tickets: $10

Student tickets: $8

PSU students are admitted free with student I.D.

Crimes of the Heart , winner of the 1981 Pulitzer Prize and the New York
Drama Critics Circle Award quickly became a well loved and cherished
American classic after its incredibly successful run on Broadway in 1979.
Both heart warming and heart wrenching, Crimes of the Heart tells the story
of three sisters who are reunited when tragedy strikes and they are forced
to accept and work through the past in order to cope with their troubled
present. Crimes of the Heart is a poignant and touching work of art that
will tug on the heart strings of every audience member.

"While this play overflows with infectious high spirits, it is also,
unmistakably, the tale of a very troubled family. Such is Miss Henley's
prodigious talent that she can serve us pain as though it were a piece of
cake." —NY Times.

Directed by Glenn Gauer, Scenic design by Glenn Gauer, and costume design by
Margaret Chapman. Reserve your tickets early for this heartfelt and moving
production!

*Please call (503) 725-4612 for more information, or visit
www.theaterarts.pdx.edu