[Nfb-or] NFB of Washington Convention Waiting for Your Registration

Tue Oct 12 21:38:44 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm new to this list, but wanted to make sure that if you hadn't seen the NFB of Washington convention announcement, I'd put it up here.  Hope to see you all at the end of next week in Vancouver, (you know, Portland's bed room)  (grin.)  And, I am also certainly looking forward to seeing all of  you at the NfB of Oregon convention just a couple of weeks after that.

/s/

Bennett Prows

DERATION OF THE BLIND OF WASHINGTON
2010 Fall Convention
October 22nd - 24th
 * Vancouver, Washington

~ RACING INTO THE FUTURE~

You are invited to the annual Fall conference sponsored by the National Federation of the Blind of Washington (NFBW).  We use the term "blind" to mean any level of uncorrectable vision loss affecting one's life. The NFB of Washington is an organization of blind Washingtonians and interested sighted persons. We believe that with the appropriate training, attitude and opportunities, blind people can (and do) achieve their dreams, not the scaled-down dreams of low expectations, but the dreams that come from skills, self-confidence and self-respect.  We believe that it is never too late to learn new techniques and new ways of thought.  We believe that each of us has a spark of life within us which can be ignited when we come together to teach, to learn and to dream.

* topics include *
4        History of the NFB and NFB of Washington
4        Activities of state agencies for the Blind
4        Afect  of the state budget crisis on the blind
4        The Blind and Social Security
4        Braille competency and teachers of the blind
4        Programs to make technology available to the blind
4        Experiences of Blind Students at Science Camps

~ * events * ~
Friday October 22nd~
*        NFB History Seminar 1:00 p.m.- 4:00 p.m.
*        No-host bar 6 p.m.
*        Dinner and Board of Directors Meeting 7 p.m.
*        Resolutions Committee Meeting 9:00 p.m.
Saturday October 23rd ~
*        Registration 8 a.m
*        Racing into the Future:  Blindness related issues 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
*        No host bar 6 p.m.
*        banquet 7 p.m. Keynote Speaker is NFB Representative Scott LaBarre
*Charitable Auction 9 p.m.
Sunday October 24th ~
*        Focus on federationism:  The organized blind  9 a.m.
*        Election of officers and Board members
*        Adjourn noon

~ * cost * ~
~ Registration:          If paid BY October 16 - $70 per person (includes Friday dinner & Saturday Banquet), Payable to NFBW, P.O. Box 2516, Seattle, WA  98111
                                At the door                       $75 per person
Without meals: $10 until October 16; $15 at the door

 ~ Accommodations:  $89 per night plus tax        (1 - 2 persons per room).
        $99 per night plus tax        (3 persons per room).
        $109 per night plus tax      (4 persons per room).
                   $2 per night tourism tax added

Hilton Hotel Vancouver* 301 West 6th Street, Vancouver
Reservations may be made by calling (360) 993-4500.  When making reservations, be sure to specify that you are attending the National Federation of the Blind of Washington's convention.  The number of rooms is limited.
If you have any questions, please call the NFBW at (425) 823-6380.

NFBW FALL Convention  *  Oct. 22 - 24, 2010  * Vancouver, WA
Preregistration Form
*    Please register _____ people @ $70.00 each to attend the NFBW Fall Convention.

  I enclose payment of the Registration Fee in the amount of $_____, made payable to the NFBW.
Check or money order only, please.

Please detach and mail this form, along with registration fee, to:
NFBW, PO Box 2516, Seattle, WA  98111