[Nfb-or] jobs Portland

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Fri Apr 15 23:35:03 UTC 2011

Smart move!  Like you say, a true no-brainer.

Since I'm sure Joseph isn't the only one on this list considering call
center work, would you mind talking about what adaptive technology you use
in that work and how you worked with your employer to get it?  I'm waiting
to find out what we're going to do about some family stuff back home in the
small town before I look for work myself, and an entry-level
foot-in-the-door position is not off my list.  Like Joseph said:  It's more
money than I'm making now!

A few years back, when my then-husband was promoted and we relocated, I did
call center work, doing customer satisfaction surveys over the phone, and
found I quite enjoyed it.  I was perfectly happy to take the Data Manager
position within a few months, since that's the sort of thing I was actually
doing for a living and what I love, but the call work was surprisingly fun.
Not the same with handling customer service calls, I'm sure, but I feel
friendlier toward that notion now than I ever would have before.  /smile/

Anyway, I lost the ability to read even a high res, high-contrast monitor
while waiting for answers, let alone an on-site visit, about working with my
very willing employer about getting the right adaptive tech, so...  No more
work for quite awhile.  I know a lot more now -- enough to work with a
prospective employer on the nitty gritty without needing to wait for someone
else to get around to showing up.  Whew!  Still, I am always eager to learn
more.  /grin/

Thanks!

Tami Smith-Kinney