[Nfb-or] [JFreeh at nfb.org: [Nfbnet-members-list] National Federation of the Blind Condemns Lack of Access to New Kindle Fire]

Tami Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Sat Oct 1 17:06:04 UTC 2011

That is too funny. I like to stick my nose in the air and think of it as
a practical approach to communication and education. Really, though, I'm
just plain snotty. /grin/

I do love reading the press releases of the NFB actions against the
primary consumers of these inaccessible products. If li'l ol' me stops
buying from Amazon, Amazon will not even notice. /lol/ However, by
enforcing accessibility laws when it comes to major Universities and
other systems for making use of that inaccessible technology and
software, that's a bit more painful, isn't it? /grin/ Especially if
there's big money involved at several layers in the lawsuit. Then it
becomes effective negative reinforcement. Which, I suppose, in a perfect
world, results in positive reinforcement for the competition because
their accessible products wil suddenly have a nice, big, lucrative
market... And we will have the stuff we need to be competitive, as well,
right? /grin/

Tami