[Nfb-or] Please support 20/20 pens for low-vision

Autumn Louise autumnschaefer at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 21:00:32 UTC 2016

Hi All,
This is a call to action to demand Paper Mate to continue production of
their 20/20 pens. For those who don't know, 20/20 pens are invaluable for
those with low-vision, as they are a bold marker that do not bleed (unlike
sharpies). These are used widely by the legally blind community. I found
out about Paper Mate discontinuing 20/20 pens from Terri at the Oregon
Commission for the Blind who is trying to spread the word and get people to
call Paper Mate.
I ask that you help spread the word in contacting Paper Mate to request
continuation of the 20/20 pens.
Here is their phone number below, when I called I was on hold for a long
time, so be prepared for that. When I spoke with them they tried to tell me
that their Flair pen is comparable but don't be fooled- the Flair pen is
like a standard pen in bold, not thick like a marker.
Paper Mate 1-800-346-3278

Thank you and please share this with others who may want to support this
mission!
Autumn