[Nfb-river-city] Disney goes descriptive

Isabel arreola twylyt74 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 17 23:29:31 UTC 2009

Hi all, I recieved this forwarded forward and thought I would forward it along.
------------ I am a Disney Cast member working for the Disney Travel Company herein Anaheim California. Today I had the opportunity to help evaluate a new project Disneywill soon make available in their theme parks. Later this year, the Disneyland resort will have audio descriptionson their attractions. Florida already has some in place. Today we evaluated whinnie the Pooh. Disneyland is also working onThe Finding nemo Submarine Attraction and Pirates. Guests would put a deposit down on a receiver which is attached to alanyard. They would have a headset on and as they walked up to thecue of the attraction and the description would begin. Its based on each segment of the attraction having frequencies whichwould trigger based upon where the guest was at any moment. WGBH television wrote the dialog and recorded it and now Disney isworking on the syncing of the dialog with the attraction recordings. Its very impressive and they did an excellent job based upon theWhinnie the Pooh attraction we evaluated today. Disney World already has this available and later this year or earlynext year, lanyards will also have Gps receivers in Disney World sothat guests inthe park can tell where they are as they move through the park. Disneyland will also have it shortly after that time period. This would be of great benefit to blind as well as sighted guests.