[Nfb-science] Accessible Lab

Blind Collegian collegeandcareer at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 2 17:53:49 UTC 2009

Hi,
I am taking an ecology class and am attending a required lab class. The class does not seem to have any accessible measurement and other lab tools, so I would like to hear from anyone on this list who might have an idea of making lab work accessible.
What do you do when the teacher asks you to identify and describe the structures of bacteria and animal cells? How do blind science students get along in lab class? In other words, what techniques do blind science students use to deal in situations such as when the lab assignment requires the student to identify and explain different types of organisms?