[Nfb-science] Accessible Lab

John Miller j8miller at soe.ucsd.edu
Tue Feb 3 06:40:30 UTC 2009

Hello,
I strongly recommend bringing a sighted assistant to the lab with you if
this is a college course.  In highschool, I often paired off with
another student and took notes for the group
And asked additional questions of team members after the lab to complete
missed descriptions.
For a college lab course, my school arranged for a TA of the class to
complete the labs with me one-on-one.
I did the labs in electrical engineering and now I work as an electrical
engineer, so this method gave me the lab experience I needed to do the
job.
Cary Supalo has some lab instruments that can work for a blind person
particularly well in chemistry.
Please let us know how it goes in your lab course.
Very best,
John