[Nfb-science] science question

Salisbury, Justin Mark SALISBURYJ08 at students.ecu.edu
Wed Dec 1 23:03:28 UTC 2010

Hi Gina,

    I entered college thinking that I wanted to eventually become a physical therapist or chiropractor.  I began the traditional pre-med track, taking the introductory course in molecular biology and its corresponding lab.  In my second semester, I took general  chemistry I and its corresponding lab.  I have left the lab sciences in favor of applied math, but I did enjoy the bio and chem lectures.  I took them in that order because my advisor told me that it was the normal first-semester course to take for my interests.  I took gen chem one because a chemistry course was required for the third semester's first-level anatomy course, and I did not want to go to summer school.  I'll admit that my advisor was not pleased when I told her that I would postpone the second freshman bio course, but I did what was best for the interests of time.

Good luck with your proposal!

Justin

Justin M. Salisbury
Undergraduate Student
The University Honors Program
East Carolina University
salisburyj08 at students.ecu.edu

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."    -Aristotle