[Nfb-science] High school biology help needed

Cindy Robinson biologize at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 20 20:23:13 UTC 2010

Hi. I teach biology to the V.I. Youtube and hulu do have interesting videos for biology. For descriptive videos that are exciting, you can go to NOVA and buy their videos. There is one that will be very exciting for your daughter. It is about the visually impaired. Dr. Ramachandran is the doctor who tells the story and has guests. There are three movies on one DVD. One is about a V. I. boy who plays two pianos at once. Another is about a boy who does echo location and is visually impaired. I think, maybe three people are capable of echo location in all the world. Go also to Discovery School and get a computer DVD on Cells. They are fun to watch. They have four ten minute videos and a whole lesson with it. For chemistry, I use songs and dances actually. Bizarre but true. It is the Holy Mol-EE set that you can buy. It is pricey but great. Has all the lessons on every topic in Chemistry, worksheets, songs, and sign language and dances to go with each one too.
Cindy Robinson