[Nfb-science] entry-level salary?

aerospace1028 at hotmail.com aerospace1028 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 6 22:57:16 UTC 2010

greetings,
Recently A company to which I had applied in the past contacted me because they had my resume on file and they have an opening for someone with Fortran experience.  If I want to apply, they need my salary preference.  My background is in structural analysis an I'm not sure what the going rate is for an entry-level software developer.

The job would be working to maintain their thermal analysis packages for jet turbine design and analysis.

If I decide to apply, what would be a reasonable starting salary?  I don't really have a background in software engineering, but there aren't many people still learning Fortran: I only picked it up because of all the legacy code we had to deel with in my undergrad program.

thanks:-)