[Nfb-science] GRE preparation

cheryl fogle cfogle at unm.edu
Thu Feb 18 04:24:37 UTC 2010

I went through the questions in a study guide, wrote my answers down, and
then checked the answers in the guide.  This was in the mid 1990's and I
used audio from RFB&D, but Braille would have been better especially for
math problems.  There should be resources online now if you do a search for
GRE study guide.

Remember that ETS will flag your scores if you take the test with an
accommodation.  The notation says that the test wasn't taken with normal
conditions--I'm paraphrasing there.  If I had known that, I wouldn't have
taken the test a second time to improve my score.  It was$100 for each test.
I suspect the price has gone up since then.

I also hope they've made progress making their computer-based software
accessible.  I had to use a reader.  The current accommodations policy
should be in the registration information.