[Nfb-science] JAWS focus 80 and displaying braille cursor

John Miller j8miller at soe.ucsd.edu
Sun Feb 21 16:19:47 UTC 2010

Hello,
This is John Miller.
I am using JAWS 11 with MS word from office 2008.
I read the document with a focus 80 braille display with the view selected as draft.
It is often the case that the braille cursor position is 1 or 2 characters away from the true MS Word cursor position.
I discover the problem by trying to delete the character to the left of the braille cursor and the print character not in focus is the one deleted.
Usually inserting a few spaces and then deleting these spaces makes the braille cursor position display correctly.
Editing MS word documents is a key part of my job responsibilities.
Please let me know how to solve this problem.
Thank you.
John Miller