[Nfb-science] Formatting: An Inquiry of Resources

Christine Szostak szostak.1 at osu.edu
Mon Mar 22 19:30:26 UTC 2010

Dear Colleagues,
  I would greatly appreciate if anyone would mind posing any thoughts, views, or opinions on the below.

  I have been wondering whether it is worth learning LaTeX for preparing manuscripts for scientific journals. I study Psycholinguistics, a subset of Cognitive Psychology/Cognitive Science. I plan to maintain an active research program following my grad training. Thus, I was curious if others here find LaTeX useful or what method you find most helpful for formatting. In my field, it is typically expected that a manuscript accepted, in its final version will need to be converted back to .doc. Thus, if you use LaTeX or other methods, how do you recommend dealing with this hurdle?
With much thanks,
Christine
Christine M. Szostak
Graduate Student
Language Perception Laboratory
Department of Psychology, Cognitive Area
The Ohio State University
Columbus, Ohio
szostak.1 at osu.edu