[Nfb-science] microsoft word and cross-references

David Hertweck david.hertweck at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 4 11:26:31 UTC 2010

One way that helps for me if you have to use a doc with change tracking
turned on.

1. save the doc to a different name
2. turn change track off and accept all changes
2. Make yyour updates
4. use the doc compare to merge your changes back to the doc you saved
5. the result is a doc with the old changes and the new changes.

This works well if you have to do a lot of editing.
If you only have to make small changes then keep change tracking on but do
not display the changes.