[Nfb-science] using the stats program R

Cheryl Fogle cfogle at unm.edu
Mon Mar 14 15:06:03 UTC 2011

Hi. Has anyone successfully used the stats program R with Jaws?

I've already searched the site http://www.r-project.org/ and haven't
found anything.

A faculty member sent me sample code to generate graphs for confidence
intervals around principle components analysis.  I have been using an
older student version of spss for data analysis like descriptive
statistics and ANOVA for measurements and chi-square for frequency data
for qualitative variables.  Now I'm revising the data analysis chapter
of my dissertation and the sample code was given to me along with more
general revisions.  Basically, I'm looking for some information before I
decide what I can do independently and what might require sighted
assistance.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Cheryl Fogle
  Ph.D. candidate, Department of Anthropology, University of New Mexico