[Nfb-science] note taker development

Jaquiss, Robert RJaquiss at nfb.org
Tue May 3 12:01:19 UTC 2011

Hello:

     This guy has quite a list of what he wants to include. As for a pocket sized 80 cell display, maybe it would be possible to construct a display that folded accordion style into four 20 cell segments. The biggest technical problem with this idea is the device would be so heavy that it would be inconvenient to carry. The biggest problems are getting the funding to develop the device and selling it. One trend we are seeing is the use of an Ipad and a BlueTooth connected Braille display such as the Refreshabraille. This modular approach allows users to update components easily.

Regards,

Robert

Robert Jaquiss
National Federation of the Blind