[Nfb-science] Google: A Question

Christine Szostak szostak.1 at osu.edu
Tue May 17 23:51:23 UTC 2011

Hi All,
  I was just curious about something. On another list, some here I believe may be on that list, there has been a fair amount of talk and debating as to  whether Google Calendar is completely inaccessible or not without any usable vision. I am totally blind and have had high success with completely independently using the calendar for the past three or so years. Thus, I was curious of others experiences with the application. Granted, I am referring to the use of it on a standard laptop or desktop, it may very well differ for those attempting to use it on their handheld devices.

  I know this is not directly science related, but I bring it up here for two reasons:
1)  Its relevance to vision loss.
2)  The fact that the place I use it is in my research (e.g., our lab, as well as several other  labs I am associated with) use it regularly for research-related activities (e.g., scheduling testing, scheduling facilities availability...).
Many thanks,
Christine
Christine M. Szostak
Doctoral Candidate
Language Perception Laboratory
Department of Psychology, Cognitive Area
The Ohio State University
Columbus, Ohio
szostak.1 at osu.edu