[Nfb-science] methods for succeeding in organic chemistry

Aleeha Dudley blindcowgirl1993 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 01:52:15 UTC 2012

Hello all,
     This fall, I will be a sophomore in college and will be taking
organic chemistry. Little did I know when I started this adventure,
how visual organic chemistry is. I am wondering: what methods did you
use to represent structures and other visual concepts in this class?
Did you have a braille book with tactile images or did you use some
other method? Also, is there a program that is accessible that is
similar to ChemDraw in functionality? What resources are available
that you know of for students taking organic chemistry who are blind?
I have light  perception and no useable vision. Any suggestions you
have would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Aleeha Dudley