[Nfb-science] ILAB & Teaching Techniques

Roger Tower rtower at independencescience.com
Wed Jun 27 18:09:21 UTC 2012

Hello All,

Independence Science has just released a short video documenting a science
teacher, teacher of the visually impaired, and blind professional's
experiences with the Independent Laboratory Access for the
Blind<http://ilab.psu.edu>project. They outline some future goals and
discuss how students are
accessing the laboratory in the present. View the video
here<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1wLIE_Jp7Q&feature=plcp>.
And please feel free to share with any interested parties.

Our next videos will focus on laboratory safety and techniques to use in
the lab. While we are still developing the script, I would really
appreciate any experiences you have had with students who are blind in the
science classroom and any techniques you have found effective. For example,
proper ways to mass, test the level of a liquid, lab bench set up, material
preparation, etc.

Thank you for your help creating a video that will teach and empower people
to create greater opportunities in STEM fields of study! Also, I look
forward to meeting some of you at the national convention next week, come
visit me, I'll be at table A-4.

Lab Access for All,

Roger Tower
Marketing Director