[Nfb-science] Accessible Anatomical Models

Kelly Thornbury kthornbury at bresnan.net
Fri Nov 30 11:10:39 UTC 2012

You won't want to purchase these models for yourself. For my A&P class the college purchased several new models, the most tactile we could find. We only replaced models that had almost no tactile features (you might be surprised at how many models were just color-coded), and it cost the college over $24,000. Even then, many of the models still leave you in the dark, and there are still several parts of the  course (epithelial tissue types for example) where there were no suitable models.

Given a few days, I can find for you the company my A&P instructor used to find what we considered to be some of the best models available, if you like.

Kelly