[Nfb-science] Jaws and cygwin

Currin, Kevin kwcurrin at live.unc.edu
Wed Jan 16 18:41:14 UTC 2013

Hello,

I recently started doing research in a biology lab. I need to be able to use cygwin to control an RNA folding program. However, I cannot figure out how to get the cygwin terminal to tell me the output of what I type directly after I type it. The only way I can get the out put is by pressing insert+b (to read the entire window, which is very inconvenient). I can arrow through the inputs that I typed, but the output is not displayed. The terminal just seems to act like a notepad file with a $ sign at the start of every line rather than a command prompt.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin