[Nfb-science] Project Lead the Way

Robert Jaquiss rjaquiss at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 2 16:53:29 UTC 2014

Hello:

     I am not familiar with Project Lead the Way. If the goal is learning
and using AutoCad, I am not sure how far a blind student can go. For those
of you who don't know, AutoCad is a drafting package used to design two and
three dimensional objects. The information is of course displayed
graphically. When designing a three dimensional object, a sighted user can
rotate the object on screen in order to see different views of the object.
There is some very sophisticated hardware that I have played with, but I had
to use ALT from www.U-R-Able.com  to make some of the controls accessible.

     If the goal is to design an object, then OpenScad is a possibility.
OpenScad is a text based CAD package. I used it to create braille which I
then produced on a MakerBot. The MakerBot software is also inaccessible, but
with ALT and the help of a reader, I was able to creat tests of my braille
characters and print them on my own. Anyone interested in more information
can contact me as noted below. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Robert

Email: rjaquiss at 3dtactilegraphics.com
Phone: 909-593-6711, Ext. 107