[Nfb-science] MathPlayer and MS Word Question

Currin, Kevin kwcurrin at email.unc.edu
Tue Aug 11 21:33:11 UTC 2015

Hi JooYoung,

You also have to install Math Type for NVDA to read equations in microsoft word and powerpoint. NVDA actually reads Math Type equations, not microsoft word equations, so you have to convert the microsoft word equations to Math Type equations (which is just a matter of selecting it and picking an option from the menu bar. You can also type the equation in LaTeX, select it, and press alt+back slash to convert it to Math Type.

There is a free 30-day trial of Math Type on their website. The full version isn't too expensive for what it is either.

Thanks,

Kevin