[Nfb-science] Using Google map data to generate solar PV propsosals

Jennifer S. Lasseter jenrose1976 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 25 02:12:31 UTC 2016

Greeting s form Texas!I'm working toward solar technical sales certification and employment. I've found that  most doing solar sales work use Google Maps & Google Earth to get the following information needed to generate a solid PV system proposal for their residential customers:- roof shading from trees, chimneys, other structures- approximate roof pitch- roof/house orientation (measured in degrees from North = 0)- approximate roof dimensions
Is there a way a person with limited vision can relatively quickly and reliably glean this information form something like Google Earth? Other means (excluding a visit to the potential customer's house or having the potential provide measurements)? I still have about 50% of my visual field with acuity 20/400 so I can do some of the work visually.
Many thanks for your advising on this!-Jennifer