[Nfb-science] Strategies for teaching Geometric Concepts to sighted Students

Jamie P. blackbyrdfly at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 06:44:14 UTC 2016

VPython is as easy to learn as any beginner programming language, but the images you can produce with it are just 3D images. They aren't really accessible in any way I am aware of, unless you have an uncanny geometric intuition and can imagine what's on the screen just by reading the code. This tool would only be useful for producing images and figures if you're, say, teaching a class of sighted physics students. You'd still need to verify with a sighted person that your images display properly. But if you're comfortable coding, you can produce cleaner and more easily distributed images for your lectures this way than by drawing freehand with a tactile board, IMO

-Jamie

Sent from my iPhone