[NFB-Science] Braille and symbolic logic

Emily Schlenker eschlenker at cox.net
Tue Aug 13 15:13:28 UTC 2019

Hi, everyone. As part of my job, I get to seek out methods and techniques by which other students who are blind have completed different types of coursework. We have a student who will be taking some Bolick logic, and we are looking for the best ways to produce and present all of the class materials in Braille or with tactile graphics. We are  working on producing   something called a fitch tree. There are also some proof problems that appear to be challenging. Has anyone done this class and had their University produce materials? Workarounds are adequate in a pinch, but we really would like a mechanism by which we could consistently produce materials anytime we have a student who needs them.
Thank you as always for being a great resource.
Emily

Sent from my iPhone