[NFB-Science] Technical gaps that need to be filled for math classes.

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Thu Jan 31 05:06:01 UTC 2019

Hello again Kendra and everyone,

	Concerning Braille textbooks my wife is a Braille Proofreader with
the Education Service Center Region 20. They transcribe lots of textbooks
containing lots of graphics. I'm copying her on this message so you two can
connect off list to discuss Region 20's possibly transcribing some of this
material for you.

	Part of the reason why Braille quality is low is due to many Braille
transcription groups expecting their members to produce material on a
volunteer basis. This we believe to be wrong. Producing Braille material is
a time-consuming business. If more of these outfits paid their transcribers
and proofreaders for their work perhaps the textbooks and other material
they produce would be of a higher quality. This is food for thought.

Peter Donahue