[NFB-Science] FW: [Trainer-Talk] From Brian Hartgen: Time to Go Zoom! An Essential Guide for Zoom Meetings and JAWS for Windows.

Louis Maher ljmaher03 at outlook.com
Tue Apr 28 18:25:43 UTC 2020

Folks,

Here is a Zoom tutorial.

Regards
Louis Maher
Phone: 713-444-7838
E-mail ljmaher03 at outlook.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Trainer-Talk <trainer-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of David Goldfield via Trainer-Talk
Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2020 10:26 AM
To: List for teachers and trainers of adaptive technology <trainer-talk at nfbnet.org>
Cc: David Goldfield <david.goldfield at outlook.com>
Subject: [Trainer-Talk] From Brian Hartgen: Time to Go Zoom! An Essential Guide for Zoom Meetings and JAWS for Windows.

You've read about it in the news, you may have seen it on TV and it is possible you have used it. Zoom is one of the world's most popular communications software packages. Whether it is hosting meetings, lessons, podcasts or making simple calls to friends and family, Zoom has all you could ever need.

On a personal level, you might want to contact family members living far away. Professionally speaking on the other hand, meetings are the heartbeat of businesses and organisations. Information is shared, ideas are generated, decisions are made, and work is coordinated. But running an effective online meeting is different from doing so in-person and that's why many are run ineffectively. A correctly run virtual session can be just as successful as an "in person meeting," but many meeting leaders lack the full knowledge necessary.

Zoom can help with all your meeting needs. Yet, with a wide variety of functions there comes a complex app which many have difficulty in using or understanding how a specific feature works.

In our new training course, "Time to Go Zoom", we'll show you how to work with many of Zoom's functions.

    Why Produce a Training Course When Other Resources Are Already
    Available?

The simple answer to this one is that we've been repeatedly asked for
it. There are plenty of free and excellent resources available, many of
which we've been promoting for a long time. However, there are a number
of areas in which people have requested more detail. Whether you are a
beginner to the Zoom platform whose requirements are quite modest,
through to someone who hosts webinars and events for professional
organisations, we're very confident you will gain a lot from this
training course.

    Who Is the Course For? A Three Step Guide.

1.First-time users to Zoom who want a quick set-up guide;

2.Anyone who wants a handy guide to quickly use Zoom's core features;

3.Anyone who wants to save time without searching through confusing FAQ's

This course is presented in simple and clear terms, with a step-by-step
approach that will help you to master the Zoom program within the
shortest period of time.

    Subjects Discussed in the Training Course.

The course is divided into five audio lessons, with an expected running
time of five and a half hours. Topics will include:

·Creating a Zoom account.

·A discussion of Zoom plans.

·Choosing a suitable microphone.

·An overview of Settings in the desktop client.

·Learning the Zoom shortcut keys.

·An overview of settings on the Zoom website.

·The do's and don't's when participating in meetings.

·An overview of the desktop client prior to joining a meeting.

·Joining a meeting from a provided link or through the Meeting ID.

·Muting and unmuting your audio.

·Leaving a meeting.

·Starting an Instant Meeting.

·Managing screen-reader alerts. Decide what is important to you.

·Scheduling a meeting using the desktop client.

·Scheduling a meeting using the Microsoft Outlook Zoom Addin.

·Copying Meting Information details.

·Copying the meeting URL.

·An overview of the Zoom primary window and the meeting window.

·The "Meeting Information" Button.

·Examining important Zoom controls a word or character at a time.

·What is "Original Sound" and how does it work?

·The Participants List. This will be a lengthy section with particular
emphasis on muting and unmuting individual users, identifying hands
which are raised to denote that a user wishes to speak, assigning a user
to perform closed captioning, and banning users from a meeting.
Particular emphasis will be placed on how blind people can independently
carry out these actions while presenting the meeting as professionalism
is always paramount.

·Muting and unmuting all users.

·Determining the name of the person speaking.

·Waiting Room access. Admitting all participants, admitting a user into
the meeting individually, sending a user back to the waiting room,
disabling and enabling the Waiting Room temporarily during a meeting.

·Recording a meeting using Zoom's own recording facility, both locally
and in the cloud.

·Making higher quality recordings of meetings when on a budget and not
using an audio mixer.

·Using Zoom with Braille.

·Sharing your screen and applications. This includes sharing the audio
sound of your computer or screen-reader so it can be enjoyed by others.
This section goes onto explain how to temporarily change user privileges
regarding screen sharing.

·Text Chat Messages. Sending and receiving messages, reviewing messages
received, saving chat messages.

·Security. How to lock your meetings, and control user privileges while
a meeting is ongoing.

·Ending a meeting.

·The most common Zoom problems and how to fix them.

·Zoom meeting encryption. Exploring the encryption dialog.

·Starting and stopping video.

·Use of Non-verbal feedback.

·Obtaining a text transcript of your meeting recording.

·An overview of Zoom Phone. How it works, sending and receiving calls,
placing calls on hold, recording voicemail, and more.

    Next Steps.

While the range of topics above may seem quite daunting, we are only
tapping into the functionality offered by this amazing meetings client.

To some extent, this training course is delivered on the basis that some
users do not have the knowledge to participate in Zoom meetings, so we
need to deviate from our usual practice of the way in which our training
courses are delivered. The weekly sessions in the most part therefore
will be pre-recorded. They will be divided as follows:

·Sessions 1 to 3: Pre-recorded.

·Session 4: Zoom meeting for course participants, where questions can be
asked.

·Session 5: pre-recorded.

All course participants will have access to:

·All lessons, pre-recorded or otherwise, in MP3 audio format.

·The Zoom meeting where questions can be asked.

·A text transcript comprising the majority of explanations. All our
training courses without exception follow a carefully prepared and
researched script, so there is no reason why the script for each lesson
cannot be distributed for easy reference at a later time.

·An email list where course participants can ask questions and gain
advice between sessions.

    What You Will Need.

You will need:

·access to the Zoom desktop client, a link for which will be provided to
you.

·Ideally a headset microphone or similar. Advice will be given in this
regard.

·JAWS version 18 or above.

·The Zoom Professional scripts. While many of the topics covered will be
possible using the standard scripts included with JAWS version 2020, you
will gain a great deal more from the experience if you have our own
script files which are constantly evolving.

    Course Dates.

Lesson 1 of the training course will be prepared around 18 May 2020 and
weekly thereafter.
All payments should reach us by the morning of 18 May 2020.

The cost for this training course is £50 which is approximately $62 US.
Subscribe to Time to Go Zoom Here!
<https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.hartgenconsultancy.com%2Fstore.php%3Frn%3D695%26action%3Dshow_detail&data=02%7C01%7C%7C0ce4be6cfc3c418eac8508d7eb88b6c6%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637236844722116912&sdata=KpAT9aJxyq9iBJwkG0xL%2BqnkZpEtaKUHqK%2B%2FAOXOyPw%3D&reserved=0>

We are offering an additional package if you do not have the JAWS
scripts. The cost would be £70 (approximately $87. By doing this you are
saving £10 which is $13.
Subscribe to Time to Go Zoom with JAWS Scripts Here!
<https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.hartgenconsultancy.com%2Fstore.php%3Frn%3D696%26action%3Dshow_detail&data=02%7C01%7C%7C0ce4be6cfc3c418eac8508d7eb88b6c6%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637236844722116912&sdata=A9eCoJCeGgnBR0qzi9g5O%2FfX8Jzn%2BVPVP4M733E7Oso%3D&reserved=0>

Alternatively, any packaged can be purchased by sending an email to
brian at hartgenconsultancy.com <mailto:brian at hartgenconsultancy.com>,
whereupon an electronic invoice can be sent to you, payable with any
major credit or debit card.

    Conclusion.

With the current pandemic causing chaos around the world, Zoom has
become a very vital tool for small, medium and large teams who want to
stay connected and continue their daily workflows with minimal
obstruction, as well as being able to host family gatherings at a
distance or other social get-togethers. While we hope people will be
relieved from social distancing at some point, the future looks bright
for Zoom.

If you are looking to use Zoom professionally or personally, you need to
know how to use it properly. Come along and find out how it is done! Z
is for Zoom. All your friends in one room!

Brian Hartgen

Choose Hartgen Consultancy for high quality JAWS Script Writing,
training and our products including J-Say, J-Dictate and Leasey.

Opening Hours: 9 AM to 5 PM UK time, Monday to Friday.

Telephone (in the UK) 02921-051325.

Telephone (in the United States of America) 239-256-7779.

Telephone (from any other country) +442921-051325.

Visit our website for more information!
<https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hartgenconsultancy.com.%2F&data=02%7C01%7C%7C0ce4be6cfc3c418eac8508d7eb88b6c6%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637236844722116912&sdata=PsQOSLWEy8l9paA6reg%2FdgzYrGtKllpgLp71Lk5EvaQ%3D&reserved=0>

Follow us on Twitter, HartgenConsult.

Like our Facebook Page. <https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fhartgenconsult&data=02%7C01%7C%7C0ce4be6cfc3c418eac8508d7eb88b6c6%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637236844722116912&sdata=94zmTEAbgtioGrdNEVfGSyk7otryNwFiq89QzcKwvf0%3D&reserved=0>

JAWS for windows Certified 2020.