[NFB-Science] How to Use OpenScad

Gene Kim gene.sh.kim at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 20:39:34 UTC 2020

Hey Nick,

I don't have experience working with OpenScad, but I found this tutorial
series that, at a glance, seems helpful:
http://learningnetwork.setbc.org/3dprinting/2018/02/01/openscad-accessible-3d-drawing/

Also, while OpenScad has a text-based input making it screen-reader
accessible, I've heard that the output models are very visual and difficult
to interact with. I think working with a reader may be not the most ideal
but still somewhat workable way to address this. I saw on another thread
that there's a blind architect, so maybe they would be a good person to
reach out to if they have any experience with 3d modeling.

In any case, I hope OpenScad is at least somewhat workable. Please let me
know if you'd still be interested in connecting with me and some folks at
Stanford's Shape lab at some point! (Here's the paper for reference again:
http://shape.stanford.edu/research/AccessibleCAD/AccessibleCAD-Poster_ASSETS18.pdf
)

Kindly,
Gene
--
Gene Kim | B.S. Candidate, Symbolic Systems | Stanford University
Secretary | California Association of Blind Students