[NFB-Science] STEM Scholarship Donation instructions

Louis Maher ljmaher03 at outlook.com
Wed Aug 5 16:53:31 UTC 2020

Folks,

Here is an update to the NFB STEM Scholarship donation websites.

The main message is: from now on, please do not use the NFB division membership form for STEM scholarship donations. Past donations made on the division membership form have been processed.

I have attached the donation message, and pasted the message below my signature.  I have also attached the Science and Engineering 2020 annual meeting minutes with the updated instructions.

Regards
Louis Maher
Phone: 713-444-7838
E-mail ljmaher03 at outlook.com
---
STEM Scholarship Donation Announcement

The Science and Engineering Division and the Computer Science Division are raising funds for a $3000 or $5000 "Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics" (STEM) scholarship given by the NFB, to a worthy student at the NFB convention. In 2020, we were able to raise $3,000 for this scholarship.

Please consider donating to the NFB towards this scholarship.

To donate:

There are two ways to donate to the NFB STEM Scholarship: one method is online, and the second method is by mail.

If you wish to make an online donation: go to
"https://www.nfb.org/" and activate the "Donate" link (or go directly to
"https://www.nfb.org/donate". Fill out the required fields.  On the "Contribution Note" field please enter "STEM Scholarship".  Once your donation has been submitted, you will receive an automatic acknowledgment of your donation.  Please forward this donation acknowledgement to John Miller (Johnmillerphd at hotmail.com) so that he can track our progress towards our funding goal.

To donate by mail: Please make a check payable to NFB.
On the memo line write STEM Scholarship.
Mail the check to
NFB accounting/scholarship
200 East Wells St. at Jernigan Place
Baltimore, MD 21230.

Please make your contributions by March 1, 2021 so that your contributions can count towards the 2021 STEM Scholarship.

NOTE: Please do not use the NFB division membership form for STEM scholarship donations.