[NFB-Science] Accessible PCB design.

Santiago Velasquez zanty410 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 02:17:34 UTC 2020

Hi To you all,

I hope this email finds you well.

I am currently doing Electrical Engineering, but focusing more in the abstract side of things. However, I need to take a unit that requires me to do PCB design. My uni is very supportive, but nobody knows what the best path to take is. For some context:
I use screen readers, tactile assets and braille to interact with most of the information. I am primarily a Mac user, but I use Windows and Linux for my work as well.

With that out of the way, here is where we stand. The three pieces of software that the unit uses are:
LTspice, Eagle and Altium.
They are not required, and I can choose other options if they would work better. However, they are our starting point. The professor mentioned that some, if not all can be used by a command line interface. However, neither him, or the people who are providing support know much about that.

There is also the option of me telling a person how, and what to do, and they would operate the software. However, I feel that would not be as good for my own learning.

Regardless of which avenue we take, there will be a support person who knows the unit inside and out.

IF people can provide recommendations, or suggestions, that would be very much appreciated.

Regards
Santi