[NFB-Science] Matlab and Jaws

Eric Mandell emandell2 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 19:38:10 UTC 2020

Hi Abdulaziz,

I am running NVDA on Windows, but JAWS will be the same. The desktop
version of Matlab is totally inaccessible and the online version of
Matlab, while slightly more accessible, is just not good enough to be
usable. Because of this I decided to figure out how to run Matlab
scripts using the Windows  command line. I worked with Matlab support
and here is what I learned. You will need to make a Batch file to run
from the command line and that calls your Matlab script. To do this
follow these steps:

1. Open a new file in your text editor of choice.
2. Copy and paste in this text:

matlab -nosplash -noFigureWindows -batch "run('C:\users\file.m'); quit"

3. You will have to change the "C:\users" To the directory where you
have the Matlab script file you want to run.
4. Save this file as batch.bat. The file name is not important but the
.bat file extension is required.
5. Open another new file in your text editor and write the Matlab code
exactly as you would in Matlab and save this file as file.m. The file
name needs to match the file name in the batch file.
6. Open Windows command line and run batch.bat.

This process worked for me and I was able to get the output of my
Matlab script printed to the command line. I only just learned this so
I have not played around with it very much but hopefully that at least
gets you started.

Don, I unfortunately don't have any knowledge of PSpice.

Cheers,
Eric