[NFB-Science] Braille and Math

Louise Flickinger louise.flickinger at isd181.org
Tue Mar 2 04:03:17 UTC 2021

Hi! I would like to get opinions about good devices that could work with
Nemeth Math and convert to print. I have a high school student in advanced
Math classes who has had success using the Humanware BrailleNote Apex but
that device is no longer supported and ours is now not working due to the
space button not working. This student is proficient using Braille and
prefers a Braille display for responses and submitting assignments to
teachers in print.

I would like to learn more about possible devices as well as consider
options to prepare the student for college after high school.

Any information and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Louise

--
Louise Flickinger
Teacher/Consultant for Students with Visual Impairments