[NFB-Science] Accessibility of PsychoPy and other Experimental Design Software

Kennedy Stomberg stomberg8 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 18:58:09 UTC 2022

Hello, all!

I am a PHD student pursuing a degree in Speech-Language-Hearing Sciences.
I am looking into figuring out the best software for designing experiments. Currently, my lab uses a software called E-Prime, which I do not believe is accessible with any screen readers. My advisor suggested that I look into a software called PsychoPy, which is Python-based and theoretically should be more accessible. Does anyone on this list have experience with PsychoPy or other experimental design software? What has been the most accessible for you?
If it helps, I am on a PC running JAWS 2022, though I also have NVDA installed, so if anyone is familiar with a software that is more accessible with NVDA, I would be interested in hearing about that as well.

Thanks in advance,
Kennedy

Kennedy Stomberg, M.S. she/her/hers
Ph.D. Student and Graduate Assistant, Developmental Neurolingistics Lab
The Graduate Center | City University of New York
365 5th Ave. New york, NY 10016
(708) 801-8498