[NFB-Science] NASA Innovation Corp (I-Corp) Funding Opportunity

Lambert, Denna S. (GSFC-2720) denna.s.lambert at nasa.gov
Tue Jul 12 16:06:49 UTC 2022

Hi NASA Colleagues, STEM community leaders, and friends,

I’m reaching out to various networks within the a number of STEM community to share this newly launched funding opportunity for students, researchers, faculty, and other individuals seeking support for transitioning their idea to the market.   We are encouraging submissions from a number under-represented communities as this offers tangible resources (including funding and mentoring) that will help individuals and teams progress through NASA’s technology pipeline.  My colleague, Maggie Yancey is the Entrepreneurial Lead for this opportunity and can be reach at Margaret.A.Yancey at nasa.gov<mailto:Margaret.A.Yancey at nasa.gov> for more information.

Here is a description of the i-Corp Pilot program<https://www.nasa.gov/directorates/spacetech/NASA_Innovation_Corps_Pilot>.

The NASA I-Corps™ Pilot is aimed at accelerating the transition of promising ideas from the lab to the marketplace, while encouraging collaboration between academia and industry. The NASA I-Corps™ Pilot will support teams with access to training in innovation and entrepreneurship skills through a grant, for up to $10K, and the opportunity to apply for additional funding, up to $40K.

The goal of the NASA I-Corps Pilot is to give participants the opportunity to develop the following capabilities:

  *   Informed decision-making to facilitate research and/or technology transitions and new NASA funding opportunities.
  *   Facilitated focus and inspiration on the commercial potential of proposed research and/or technology.
  *   Advanced workforce development opportunities in science missions and space technology by preparing students with a foundational education in entrepreneurship.
  *   Enhanced entrepreneurial mindsets.

Learn More and Submit a Proposal

  *   Read the full solicitation on NSPIRES<https://nspires.nasaprs.com/external/solicitations/summary.do?solId=%7b1B42E782-61BB-9834-F20F-44CBEF13C0A6%7d&path=&method=init>
  *   Tune in for the NASA I-Corps Pilot Overview and Q&A Webinar<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEavX1XC-X4>
  *   Applications will be reviewed throughout the year with deadlines and targeted award start dates. Short Course proposals may be submitted at any time, until March 29, 2023, but the cut-offs for quarterly reviews timed to correspond to course dates are:
     *   Due July  22  for target award start date in October
     *   Due September 16  for target award start date in December
     *   Due November 17 for target award start date in February
     *   Due January 20 for target award start date in April
  *   Create a NSPIRES account and subscribe to the newsletters<https://nspires.nasaprs.com/external/> for reminders and updates and read the full solicitation for the most accurate and up-to-date information.

Who Should Apply?

Awards will be exclusively grants to non-governmental organizations. For-profit institutions are not eligible to propose. Civil servants are not eligible to participate. A Technical Lead may not receive more than one currently active NASA I-Corps Pilot Short Course or National Course award. Proposing team(s) need not have received a previous NASA award to apply. However, proposals must show alignment with SMD and/or STMD strategic objectives. And see section 1.2.2 of the solicitation here<https://nspires.nasaprs.com/external/solicitations/summary.do?solId=%7b1B42E782-61BB-9834-F20F-44CBEF13C0A6%7d&path=&method=init> on Team Composition on team member roles to make sure you are eligible to apply.

Contact Us

Maggie Yancey
Entrepreneurship Development Lead
Margaret.A.Yancey at nasa.gov<mailto:Margaret.A.Yancey at nasa.gov>

Denna Lambert – Detail
Pronouns:  she/her/hers
Lead for Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility
Early Stage Innovations & Partnerships (ESIP)
Space Technology Mission Directorate (STMD)
Phone:  301-801-6075
Email:  denna.s.lambert at nasa.gov