[NFB-Science] Seeking Interviews for PhD Multiline Braille Display Project

Ronald Heisser rh578 at cornell.edu
Wed Jul 13 18:09:13 UTC 2022

Dear NFB Science & Engineering members,

My name is Ronald Heisser and I am a PhD student at Cornell University researching new actuator technology for a low-cost, multiline braille display. I presented my work at the NFB22 Convention last week at the Science & Engineering Division meeting.

I am doing an NSF-funded commercialization program to learn the pain points and experiences of single-line refreshable braille displays. For this program, we must complete 100 interviews in 7 weeks. Looking for insight into blind STEM experiences, from student to professional, learning how you currently read data, analyze systems and data, write code, etc. If I could speak with you for 15-20 minutes this week or next, I'd appreciate it greatly!

I can do zoom or by phone, my number is provided in the email signature.

Thank you,
Ronald Heisser
(210) 334-1115
Cornell University