[NFB-Science] Accessible Printers

Louis Maher ljmaher03 at outlook.com
Sun Jun 5 18:51:39 UTC 2022

Hello,

I am interested in purchasing an accessible ink jet all-in-one printer.

Here are the two printers we have been looking at.

Canon Wireless Pixma TR4520 all in one ink jet color printer.
This printer comes from 2018.  Its manual is easy to find.
https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/tr-series-inkjet/pixma-tr4520/pixma-tr4520
I am having a little trouble reading it because it is a pdf manual.
It is possible to read it, but I am having some trouble with the table of contents.

Brother - MFC-J1010DW Wireless Color All-in-One Inkjet Printer
https://www.brother-usa.com > products > mfcj1010dw
Comes from 2021.
I found its quick start guide, but I could not find its user manual.
It said: "easy onscreen menu navigation for printing, copying, scanning, and device management from your mobile device."

Both use LCD displays.

The people I talked to did not have Cannon experience.  They said that the Brothers printers are fairly accessible.

I am hoping we can get a printer that I can control from our computers and/or iPhones.

Thank you for your help.

Regards
Louis Maher
Phone: 713-444-7838