[NFB-Science] Scott LaBarre Tribute Essay

Jillian Milton jillianmilton at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 3 02:23:18 UTC 2023

 Hello all,

I would like to share an essay that I wrote about Scott LaBarre before he passed away on December 10th. I had the chance to interview him during the fall semester for my human rights class at UConn. I learned a lot about his work on the Marrakesh Treaty and copyright law for the blind, as well as other court cases that were meaningful to him. As a tribute, I published the interview on my personal website, Blind Pioneers. He was truly a remarkable man and I was fortunate to get the opportunity to speak with him about his accomplishments and learn about his contributions to the blind community. Here is the link. Feel free to share.

https://www.blindpioneers.com/post/interview-with-disability-rights-attorney-scott-labarre

Warmly,
Jillian Milton
2020 NFB Scholarship Recipient
UConn Web Design/Development Major, Marketing Minor