[NFB-Science] Request for Expert Connection for STEM Education Research

Louis Maher ljmaher03 at outlook.com
Fri Aug 2 14:50:23 UTC 2024

From: Ishtiaq Ahmed <prof.ishtiaqkhan at yahoo.com>
Sent: Friday, August 2, 2024 4:38 AM
To: Louis Maher <ljmaher03 at outlook.com>
Subject: Request for Expert Connection for STEM Education Research

Dear Louis,

I hope you are doing well. I am currently engaged in a research project with Dr. Gavin Wood at the UNICEF Innocenti - Global Office of Research and Foresight. The primary objective of this research study is to explore the obstacles encountered in STEM education for students with varying degrees of visual impairment, encompassing both congenitally blind and adventitiously blind individuals in the United States.  The investigation will compare the effectiveness of STEM teaching methods as perceived by different stakeholders. The study seeks to appraise the diverse instructional strategies and pedagogical approaches employed by educators, evaluate the impact of curriculum modifications on teaching and learning experiences, examine the significance of inclusive classroom environments, and assess the readiness of teachers to develop tailored STEM curricula that accommodate the specific requirements of students with diverse educational backgrounds and visual impairments. This research endeavors to enhance the efficacy of inclusive STEM education and cultivate a more supportive learning atmosphere for these students, considering their distinctive disabilities and educational histories.

Could you please connect me with experts in the field? I would like to invite them to participate in an informal phone interview to share their insights and thoughts on this topic. Your cooperation would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for considering this request. I look forward to hearing back from you. Should you have any questions or need further information, please feel free to contact my supervisor, Dr. Gavin Adam Wood, at gawood at unicef.org<mailto:gawood at unicef.org>.
Best regards,

Ishtiaq

Ishtiaq Ahmed

Disability Inclusion Consultant

UNICEF Innocenti - Global Office of Research and Foresight

UNICEF HQ | Via degli Alfani 58, Florence 50121, Italy

Email: Ishahmed at unicef.org<mailto:Ishahmed at unicef.org> , prof.ishtiaqkhan at yahoo.com<mailto:prof.ishtiaqkhan at yahoo.com>